2013 BIBLE READING PLAN – Come Read With Us
Join us this year in taking a focused approach to reading the Bible. One of the best approaches to reading the Bible is to have a formal plan. A lot of people successfully used the Daily Bible Reading lists in 2012 to learn more about God’s Word.
Take a look at one of the three plans listed below and decide what you would like to accomplish in 2013:
- Whole Bible in 2013 (Click to download PDF)
- Old Testament in 2013 (Click to download PDF)
- New Testament in 2013 (Click to download PDF)
NOTE: You can also pickup a printout of the the current check sheet by the bulletins.
READ the full 2013 Bible Reading Plans page on the website to get more information and “Tips to Read the Bible More.”
Pleasant Valley church family,
There is an upcoming teen event on the 19th of November – a picnic at Devil’s Den State Park. It was planned on a Monday due to scheduling conflicts- I was informed that all the schools will be out that week, but later found out that Alma will be having school on Monday the 19th. We decided to extend this invitation to the entire Family at PV!
Sorry for the scheduling conflict with Alma. Please, plan to attend. Information is in the flyer: Pleasant Valley Picnic – Nov 19th (click for flyer).
The 100 Year Celebration on October 7th, 2012 will be a great time to fellowship. Please share this page with anyone who attends or used to attend.
The Fall Festival Schedule (Day Before the Celebration) on Saturday October 6th
- 2pm – 4pm Games and Hay ride for kids of all ages (Dixie Parker has a schedule see her to volunteer to help with the games, clean up, etc.).
- 4:30pm ‘His Harmony’ quartet will sing in the auditorium
- 5:30pm We will eat in the outreach center. The church will provide hamburgers and hot dogs. Members are asked to bring chips and dessert, drinks and other foods that go with hamburgers and hot dogs.
Schedule for 100 year anniversary celebration – Sunday October 7th (Bobby Parks will be the master of ceremony for the day).
- 9:30 am Roger Russell will reminisce in the auditorium class about his memories at PV.
- Please note that all classes 6th grade and up will meet in the auditorium.
- 10:30 am Wendell Heffington will speak of his time at PV in our worship service.
- 11:30 am We will have a potluck in the outreach center.
- 1-2 pm The ‘Pleasantaires’ quartet will sing in the auditorium followed by congregational singing of ‘old time’ songs led by Randy Coleman.
- 2 pm Bobby Parks will conduct our evening worship service. He will give a brief history of our congregation.
- Please note: there will not be a evening service Sunday night Oct 7, 2012.
We need your help with:
- We want to send invitations to past members. Please give names and address to Doug Cannedy of past members that you would like to invite.
- We need old pictures of members and of the old church buildings.
- Dixie Parker has requested small toys (happy meal size toys), candy, pencils, etc. to be given as prizes for fall festival games. Please give these items to Dixie.
- We encourage you to bring your children to the fall festival on Saturday, October 6th and come and share in our 100 year celebration on Sunday October 7th.
Our Pleasant Valley youth did a great job preparing for the 2012 Bible Bowl in Heber Springs. We received multiple awards (see pictures below) and we are very proud of their work.
Special thanks to Greta & Roger for all their teaching and coordination they have done over the months! Thanks to everyone who attended, chaperoned, and actively supported our Bible Bowlers. Next year they will be covering II Samuel. Thanks to Tracy Scott for the pictures.
NOTE: If the photo gallery does not appear, click on the “Bible Bowl 2012″ title at the top of the page.
Click the [FS] button to see the pictures full screen. Click [SL] to start an automatic slideshow.
[flagallery gid=1 name=Gallery]